- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
McKinley Springs 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon, Horse Heaven Hills, $24
The Andrews family established their winery in 2000, and their original block of Cabernet Sauvignon — planted back in 1980 — factors into this blend with their younger Block 17. The nose is rich with Chukar Cherry, black currant, poached plum, toast, black pepper and cedar. Its structure carries tones of red cherry and dried cranberry as elegant, fine-grained tannins give this a lighter approach that should pair nicely with a char-grilled ribeye or pasta slathered in a tomato-based sauce.
Production: 1,255 cases