- Fire destroys distillery at Westport Winery Garden Resort in Washington
- Fries family departs Washington wine industry with Desert Wind sale
- Warnshuis realizes dream of Utopia along Oregon’s tiny Ribbon Ridge
- Fidelitas promotes Will Hoppes, Mitch Venohr as part of transition
- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
Great Northwest Wine top 100 wines of 2014: 10-2
8. San Juan Vineyards 2013 Estate Siegerrebe, Puget Sound, $20
This stunning wine by Chris Primus in Friday Harbor, Wash., earned a remarkable five unanimous double gold medals from five sets of judges this year. Aromas of Asian pear, lychee and clove lead to flavors of pear, apple and pineapple. It’s all wrapped in bright acidity. Perfect for shellfish or pasta with a butter sauce. It won double gold medals at the Great Northwest Wine Competition, Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition, Riverside International Wine Competition, Washington State Wine Competition and Seattle Wine Awards. It also won a Platinum at the Wine Press Northwest 2014 Platinum Judging.
Production: 360 cases
Alcohol: 12% alc.