- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Cedar River Cellars 2012 Bella Bella Syrah, Columbia Valley, $28
Renton, Wash., vintner Micah Nasarow focuses on Burgess Vineyard near Pasco for his flagship wine — three barrels of Syrah that spend 18 months in Taransaud and Gamba oak. Aroams of blackberry, blueberry and elderberry pick up hints of chalkboard dust and cocoa powder. This juicy Syrah comes with a rich entry of blackberry and boysenberry, backed by blueberry acidity and suave tannins. A dusting of cocoa powder creates pleasing length. This fun-loving couple kicked off the new year and the second anniversary of their tasting room near Lake Kathleen by offering s’mores pairings to their visitors.
Production: 75 cases