- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Cedar River Cellars 2012 It’s a Long Way Barrel Select Cabernet Franc, Yakima Valley, $40
The pride and joy of Renton, Wash., winemaker Micah Nasarow’s young program could be the Cabernet Franc he receives from Andrew Will’s Two Blondes Vineyard in Zillah. This single-barrel selection spent 18 months new American oak, leading to aromas of cherry and blueberry with notes of rosehip and clove. Chelan cherry and blueberry flavors make for a rather elegant and balanced structure of sandy, fine-grained tannins. Its finish lacks the thumbprint of herbaceousness that often identifies the variety.
Production: 34 cases