- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Convergence Zone Cellars 2011 Storm Front Red Wine, Red Mountain, $29
Scott Greenberg’s winery in Woodinville specializes in small lots, and he focuses his efforts here on Red Mountain for a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec and Mourvèdre from E&E Shaw and Hedges. Notes from neutral French oak impart spicy aromas of Cinnamon Bear candy, white chocolate, toasted walnut and woodruff with black currant and cherry. There’s a delicious layering of Marionberry, blueberry and elderberry on the palate, surrounded by a juicy structure that’s balanced with light to medium tannins. Suggested pairings include roasted chicken with potatoes. These wines are available at the winery and via Amazon. This earned a silver medal at the 2015 Capital Food and Wine Festival Competition.
Production: 105 cases