- VineLines Dispatch: September to remember on Red Mountain
- VineLines Dispatch: Woodinville crushes through smoke, pandemic
- Sweet 16th AVA in Washington belongs to Candy Mountain
- H3 2016 Cab rides off as Washington State Wine Competition best of show
- Elephant 7 soars with Yellow Bird Vineyard Grenache at Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Dunham Cellars in Walla Walla raises $15,049 for suicide prevention
- USA Today readers vote Walla Walla Valley as America’s Best Wine Region
- Williamson Vineyards young Albariño rises to top of 2020 Idaho Wine Competition
- 2020 vintage for Northwest tracks dry, warm but not hot
- 5 Idaho wineries to pour at drive-in theater
Riesling for warm winter food
We often think of Riesling as a wine for summer days. Toss a bottle in the fridge and enjoy it as a thirst-quencher with hot-weather fare.
But in the depths of winter – regardless of how mild it has been – there’s nothing quite so warming or comforting as bold, spicy dishes. And these often pair beautifully with Rieslings of varying sweetness levels.
Here are a few of our favorite winter dishes to pair with Rieslings.
- Thai curries.
- Saag paneer.
- Shrimp creole.
- Hot wings.
- Hot-and-sour soup.
Here are a dozen delicious Northwest Rieslings we’ve tasted in recent weeks.