- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Et Fille 2012 Kalita Vineyard Pinot Noir, Yamhill-Carlton, $48
Pinot Noir from Arthur and Sherry Kalita’s arena-like vineyard continues to excel in the hands of the father-daughter team of Howard Mozeico and Jessica Mozeico, who have been crafting stunning wines off this site since 2004. It begins with aromas of blackberry milkshake, black cherry, toasted cocoa nibs, caramel corn and minerality. The drink is plush with dark plum and ripe strawberry flavors as modest tannins lead to a bold finish of bittersweet chocolate. Traditionally, they suggest pairing their Pinot Noir from this site with filet mignon, cocoa-rubbed short ribs or Beef Bourguignon. The Et Fille tasting room, at August Cellars in Newberg, is open only by appointment.
Production: 244 cases