- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Mosquito Fleet Winery 2012 Cabernet Franc, Columbia Valley, $32
Central Washington University product Brian Petersen earned a spot on The Seattle Times Top 50 list in 2014 with for his work with Cabernet Sauvignon from the 2011 vintage, and his latest work with Cabernet Franc from Dineen Vineyard near Zillah, Wash., also is impressive. Aromas of ripe black cherry, dusty blueberry, dried herbs and Ovaltine powder lead to an elegant structure with flavors of Bing cherry, black currant and black licorice. Mild tannins and juicy acidity allow for a pinch of sage amid a finish filled with finesse. This merited a gold medal at the 2015 Capital Food and Wine Festival Wine Competition.
Production: 90 cases