- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Spindrift Cellars 2013 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $25
Matt Compton, who left New Jersey to oversee a research planting of vineyard for Oregon State University, celebrates his 10th anniversary as a commercial winemaker with this assemblage of Boise, Deerhaven, Esterling, Mary’s Peak and Thompson vineyards. His short but sweet 10-month program with French oak makes for alluring aromas of strawberry jam and fresh spearmint, which are followed by complex flavors of strawberry, raspberry and mint, backed by an easy buildup of acidity and black currant skin tannins.
Production: 1,100 cases