- VineLines Dispatch: September to remember on Red Mountain
- VineLines Dispatch: Woodinville crushes through smoke, pandemic
- Sweet 16th AVA in Washington belongs to Candy Mountain
- H3 2016 Cab rides off as Washington State Wine Competition best of show
- Elephant 7 soars with Yellow Bird Vineyard Grenache at Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Dunham Cellars in Walla Walla raises $15,049 for suicide prevention
- USA Today readers vote Walla Walla Valley as America’s Best Wine Region
- Williamson Vineyards young Albariño rises to top of 2020 Idaho Wine Competition
- 2020 vintage for Northwest tracks dry, warm but not hot
- 5 Idaho wineries to pour at drive-in theater
Only the best Northwest wines
Each year, we taste several thousand wines from around the world. We encounter great wines through samples sent to us, as well as wine competitions we participate in up and down the West Coast.
Our preference is to taste all wines we review under blind conditions. For us, this means removing potential biases: We’ve found that knowing the producer or the price can change a person’s perception of a wine before it is ever tasted. Thanks to this method, we have discovered many superb wines from unknown producers while also confirming traditionally delicious wines.
Here are a dozen wines we’ve tasted in recent weeks that earned our top “Outstanding!” rating. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.