- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
- Brian Carter Cellars adds Latin influence with marketing hire
- VineLines Dispatch: A Gorgeous look at harvest
- Goose Ridge hires Peter Devison as winemaking consultant
- Tri-City winemaker Palencia partners on Culture Shock mobile catering
- Armstrong Family Winery turns Discovery Vineyard Syrah into best wine at Great Northwest Invitational
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest of Walla Walla Valley
Only the best Northwest wines
Each year, we taste several thousand wines from around the world. We encounter great wines through samples sent to us, as well as wine competitions we participate in up and down the West Coast.
Our preference is to taste all wines we review under blind conditions. For us, this means removing potential biases: We’ve found that knowing the producer or the price can change a person’s perception of a wine before it is ever tasted. Thanks to this method, we have discovered many superb wines from unknown producers while also confirming traditionally delicious wines.
Here are a dozen wines we’ve tasted in recent weeks that earned our top “Outstanding!” rating. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.