- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Bateaux Cellars 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, Yakima Valley, $29
Five vintages ago, Airfield Estates winemaker Marcus Miller’s Cabernet Sauvignon with Lewis County vintners Steve and Cheryl Padula, Rob Cummings and Kas Kennedy merited our top rating, so the attractive qualities within this release serve as continued confirmation that their collaboration is as smooth as this Cab. Smoky aromas of blackberry, red currant and Bing cherry pick up cocoa powder, Italian herbs and rich red pizza sauce. It’s a Cab that’s rich and round with black currant, sweet cherries, black licorice and dark chocolate with sea salt. Well-managed tannins and a savory note of black olive make for a smooth and delicious finish. This weekend marks the annual Chehalis Valley Wine Tour, which features six regional wineries.
Production: 194 cases