- VineLines Dispatch: September to remember on Red Mountain
- VineLines Dispatch: Woodinville crushes through smoke, pandemic
- Sweet 16th AVA in Washington belongs to Candy Mountain
- H3 2016 Cab rides off as Washington State Wine Competition best of show
- Elephant 7 soars with Yellow Bird Vineyard Grenache at Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Dunham Cellars in Walla Walla raises $15,049 for suicide prevention
- USA Today readers vote Walla Walla Valley as America’s Best Wine Region
- Williamson Vineyards young Albariño rises to top of 2020 Idaho Wine Competition
- 2020 vintage for Northwest tracks dry, warm but not hot
- 5 Idaho wineries to pour at drive-in theater
Bamboo Wine Table keeps wine glasses steady
Wine glasses are not always the most convenient vessels for drinking.
Sure, they’re fine for the dinner table or the back deck. The trendy stemless glasses are sturdy in a variety of situations, such as on a boat.
But what about the beach? Who wants sand in their Chardonnay? What about the park, where grass is just as likely to tip over the glass and ruin your picnic? What about at a concert? Or while camping? What if you’re kayaking and want to go ashore for a glass of wine with friends? A light lunch in the vineyard?
Fortunately, a sturdy, elegant and affordable solution has presented itself: the Bamboo Wine Table from Uncommon Goods.
Bamboo Wine Table to the rescue
The Bamboo Wine Table is a sturdy two-piece contraption that takes mere seconds to put together: It’s just a matter of screwing a spike into the table, then pushing it into the ground. Granted, a sandy beach is the easiest place to use the Bamboo Wine Table, but it also will work on grass, in moist soil and just about anywhere else outdoors.
It is easy to imagine the Bamboo Wine Table being perfect for a visit to the coast, particularly as the sun sets and the beach fire is lit. One of the biggest pains in putting together s’mores is where to safely set down your chocolate, Graham crackers and marshmallows so they don’t get sand on them. The Bamboo Wine Table makes it easy, and when the fire gets a little too warm, quickly moving the table takes mere seconds.
On each end of the Bamboo Wine Table are spots for two glasses of wine to be held safely and securely.
(For the record, we recommend a glass of tawny port with s’mores and a beach fire on the wild Washington coast.)
The Bamboo Wine Table also is great for holding cheeses, crackers, dips and anything else that doesn’t take up too much room. You won’t want to put anything too heavy on the table, as it’s not going to be completely stable when it’s stuck in the sand.
The Bamboo Wine Table is 16 inches wide and 8 inches deep. The spike that goes into the ground is 13 inches long. It is extremely lightweight, so it’s easy to carry with you.
The Bamboo Wine Table retails for $22 on Uncommon Goods.