- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
Northwest wines strong in Wine Enthusiast top lists
Wine Enthusiast magazine honored 23 Northwest wines in its annual roundup of its favorite wines from 2015.
Wine Enthusiast, based in New York, began in 1988. The Northwest regions are represented by Sean Sullivan (Washington and Idaho) and Paul Gregutt (Oregon and Canada).
Of the top 100 wines, five are from Oregon, including three in the top 15.
Here are the Northwest wines that made the Wine Enthusiast top 100:
3. Trisaetum 2014 Wichmann Estate Riesling, Dundee Hills, $28.
8. Cayuse Vineyards 2012 God Only Knows Grenache, Walla Walla Valley, $90.
13. Ponzi Vineyards 2012 Aurora Vineyard Chardonnay, Willamette Valley, $60.
26. Baer Winery 2012 Star, Columbia Valley, $32.
33. Efeste 2013 Evergreen Vineyard Riesling, Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley, $20.
35. WillaKenzie Estate 2014 Estate Pinot Gris, Yamhill-Carlton, $21.
49. Dancin Vineyards 2012 Melodia Pinot Noir, McMinnville, $39.
51. Gramercy Cellars 2012 Syrah, Columbia Valley.
59. Betz Family Winery 2012 Pere de Famille Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $72.
71. Avennia 2012 Arnaut Boushey Vineyard Syrah, Yakima Valley, $50.
87. Latta 2012 Upland Vineyard Grenache, Snipes Mountain, $40.
A dozen wines were listed among Wine Enthusiast’s top 100 best buys. Of them, seven are from Washington.
Here are the Northwest wines included in Wine Enthusiast’s top 100 best buys.
8. Sokol Blosser NV Evolution, Oregon, $15.
13. Goose Ridge Vineyards 2012 G3 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $15.
23. Foris Vineyards 2014 Dry Gewürztraminer, Southern Oregon, $14.
28. Chateau Ste. Michelle 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $15.
49. Lujon 2013 Chardonnay, Willamette Valley, $15.
51. Hogue Cellars 2014 Gewürztraminer, Columbia Valley, $10.
63. Pacific Rim Winemakers 2014 Sweet Riesling, Columbia Valley, $11.
72. Mercer Wine 2014 Pinot Gris, Yakima Valley, $13.
87. Willamette Valley Vineyards 2014 Riesling, Willamette Valley, $14.
90. For a Song 2013 Caliche Lake Vineyard Riesling, Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley, $11.
95. Acrobat 2014 Pinot Gris, Oregon, $13.
100. Milbrandt Vineyards 2014 Traditions Pinot Gris, Columbia Valley, $13.