- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Stottle Winery 2012 Big Eddie Red Wine, Columbia Valley, $35
South Puget Sound winemaker Josh Stottlemyer graduated from the University of Minnesota with a science degree years before becoming an alumni of South Seattle Community College’s Northwest Wine Academy. This Right Bank-style blend of Merlot (55%), Cabernet Sauvignon (40%) and Malbec takes from Elephant Mountain, Doc Stewart and Elerding 6 Prong vineyards and offers a dense nose of dark plum, black cherry, cinnamon bark, milk chocolate, black tea and tar. It’s a supple drink that continues with dark cherry, plum and blueberry, framed by firm tannins and finished with dark chocolate and black pepper.
Production: 200 cases