- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Northwest Tempranillo continues to shine
Raptor Ridge Winery 2013 Tempranillo, Rogue Valley, $35
North Willamette Valley winemaker Scott Shull’s third vintage with this Iberian Peninsula robust red was grown at Southern Oregon’s high-elevation Folin Vineyard and harvested Sept. 15 at 23.7 Brix. The theme is one of smoky roasted coffee, cinnamon and dark cherries with black currant and red plums that swirl among a structure that’s nicely balanced with rustic tannins. The Shulls suggest pairing this with mole-influenced chicken dishes.
Production: 220 cases