- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
Interest in Viognier growing across Pacific Northwest
Fujishin Family Cellars 2014 Reserve Viognier, Snake River Valley, $16
Snake River Valley native Martin Fujishin makes his wines within a mile of Bitner and Williamson vineyards, and Viognier from both spent three months on oak without undergoing malolactic fermentation. That approach makes for fresh tropical fruit aromas with hints of orange Creamsicle, lemon, peach blossom and a hint of minerality. On the palate, it features bone-dry flavors of peach, melon and orange zest that lead to a finish of orange marmalade and grapefruit pith. Suggested pairings include shellfish, chicken salads and mild cream-based curries.
Production: 113 cases