- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Interest in Viognier growing across Pacific Northwest
Mercer Estates 2014 Culloden Vineyard Viognier, Horse Heaven Hills, $16
This 70-acre estate site near the community of Alderdale, Wash., was established in 2009 and these 4 acres of Viognier serve as the only block of white grapes grown at Culloden Vineyard. A 23-day fermentation in Italian clay amphorae and the hottest vintage on record makes for aromas of Mandarin orange, caramel corn, cardamom, white pepper, yellow rose and Horse Heaven Hills wind-blown dust. The drink delivers clean flavors of honeydew melon, cantaloupe and banana, which are supported by delicious citrusy acidity.
Production: 338 cases