- Tinte Cellars donation drive for Ukraine enters final week
- Jackson Family Wines invests in Walla Walla vines, wines
- 2022 Idaho Winery of the Year: Holesinsky Vineyard and Winery
- 2022 Idaho Winery to Watch: Rivaura Vineyards and Winery
- 2022 Washington Winery of the Year: Westport Winery Garden Resort
- 2022 Washington Winery to Watch: Liberty Lake Wine Cellars
- 2022 Oregon Winery of the Year: Chris James Cellars
- Long path of Andrew Riechers leads to early acclaim for Audeant Wines
- The Wine Knows: Upchurch hits sweet spot with Cab on Red Mountain
- Northwest Merlot remains memorable in talented hands
Malbec a delicious Pacific Northwest red
Malbec is proving to be a great fit in the Pacific Northwest. The robust red Bordeaux grape has been little more than a bit player until a decade ago, when more winemakers began to focus more attention on it.
Native to France and famous in Argentina, Malbec really shines on its own in the Northwest, particularly in Washington but also in Southern Oregon, Idaho’s Snake River Valley and British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley.
We selected a dozen delicious Malbecs we’ve tasted lately from throughout the Northwest.