- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
Oregon wineries, restaurants team up for Portland Dining Month
PORTLAND – Fourteen restaurants on the Oregon wine industry’s “A List” will kick off Portland Dining Month with dinner for two for five fortunate wine lovers.
This is the first collaboration between the Oregon wine industry and Portland Dining Month. On Tuesday, March 1, each winemaker will be at a select restaurant to greet guests and discuss the wine-and-food pairings.
Those seeking to win dinner for two at one of the Oregon A-List restaurants should go to oregonwinealist.com for rules and entry. Deadline to enter is the evening of Feb. 28.
The month-long celebration is sponsored by Travel Portland. The highlight will be Oregon winemakers creating custom wine flights to pair with each of the 14 restaurants’ three-course Portland Dining Month menus.
During March, Portland-area restaurants create the three-course dinners and sell them for $29 per person. The wine flights cost an additional $15 to $20 per person.
Portland Dining Month restaurants and wineries
The following restaurants and wineries are pairing up for the kickoff to Portland Dining Month.
- The Bent Brick with Seven of Hearts
- Bluehour with J. Christopher
- Davis Street Tavern with Sokol Blosser
- Heathman Restaurant & Bar with Brittan Vineyards
- Higgins with Colene Clemens
- Jo Bar & Rotisserie with Division Winemaking Co.
- Ned Ludd with Brooks Wine
- Oba Restaurante with Argyle Winery
- Park Kitchen with Chehalem Wines
- Pazzo Ristorante with Coopers Hall Winery and Taproom
- Raven & Rose with White Rose Estate
- Restaurant St. Jack with Day Wines
- RingSide Steakhouse with Adelsheim Vineyard
- Salty’s on the Columbia with Dobbes Family Estate
Four other A-List restaurants participating in Portland Dining Month include: Imperial, Paley’s Place, Meriwether’s and Laurelhurst Market.
The Oregon Wine A-List Awards is organized by the Oregon Wine Board and recognizes restaurants in Oregon and beyond that show enthusiasm for Oregon wine via wine lists, presentation and more.