- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Scoria Vineyards & Winery 2013 Mourvèdre, Snake River Valley , $20
Sydney Nederend, a recent entrant to the Sunnyslope Wine District, contracts with award-winning winemkaer Earl Sullivan of Telaya Wine Co., for her wines from Rhône varieties off historic Sawtooth Vineyard. There’s a greeting of rich oak tones with dark toast, roasted coffee and chocolate with Marionberry and sweet herbal notes of rosemary and tarragon. The drink carries flavors of blackberry, black cherry and elderberry with plum skin tannins and blueberry acidity. Touches of black pepper, toast, finely ground espresso and lime peel suggest pairing it with smoked ribs. Nederend is scheduled to begin selling this and her other debut release in late spring, and all sales are being orchestrated through her website.
Production: 25 cases