- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
A dozen delicious Washington Merlots
In the past five years, Washington Merlot has been pushed to the shadows – a little – by the rise of Cabernet Sauvignon. Yet Merlot remains one of the state’s most important varieties.
In many areas of the world, Merlot is a softer version of Cab. But in Washington, Merlot is a big, bold red, providing structure to many wines. It also pairs well with such cuisine as grilled and braised meats, Italian dishes such as lasagna and hearty stews.
It’s time to give Washington Merlot the respect it deserves. Here are a dozen delicious Washington Merlots we’ve tasted recently.