- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
- Brian Carter Cellars adds Latin influence with marketing hire
Riesling comes in many delicious forms
In the past two decades, the Pacific Northwest has established itself as a world-class center of Riesling, standing on the global wine stage with such luminaries as Germany and Australia. And every three years, the Riesling world comes to Washington.
In July, Riesling Rendezvous returns to the Northwest, taking place in Woodinville and Seattle. Riesling Rendezvous is a gathering of professionals and avid aficionados who spend three days exploring every aspect of this most noble of wine grape varieties.
It starts out with a grand tasting of hundreds of Rieslings from around the world at Chateau Ste. Michelle – the largest producer of Riesling in the world – followed by two days of tastings and seminars at Bell Harbor International Conference Center on the Seattle waterfront.
Riesling Rendezvous occurs every three years. In the other two years, similar events take place in Germany and Australia.
As we think about the approaching Riesling Rendezvous, we happily think about one of our favorite grapes. Here are a dozen delicious examples from Washington, Oregon and Idaho.