- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Nefarious Cellars 2013 Defiance Vineyard Estate Syrah, Lake Chelan, $35
Dean Neff takes the lead on the red wines at this stunning, decade-old property along the south shore of Lake Chelan, and he pulls this Syrah from 4 1/2 acres of vines near his winery. Enticing aromas of cherry jam and black raspberry pick up notes of sweet spices and chocolate mousse. Inside, there comes a plush entry of Marionberry pie, black currant and elderberry, backed by a balanced structure and a finish that combines blueberry, caramel and Graham cracker crust.
Production: 434 cases