- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Cedar River Cellars 2014 Mormor Riesling, Yakima Valley, $18
Renton, Wash., winemaker Micah Nasarow continues his work with the Miller family’s 900-acre Airfield Ranches site near Prosser, and he take an off-dry approach with this Riesling. Complex aromas of Granny Smith apple, lychee and petrol fly into an explosion of flavors that include nectarine, honey and golden raisin. Mouthwatering lemon-lime acidity and river rock combine to deliciously balance the residual sugar of 2 percent. He enjoys serving his Riesling with pumpkin pie, and bottles are available in Renton at Top of the Hill, The Wine Alley, All Things Wine and his forested winery.
Production: 70 cases