- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Cedar River Cellars 2013 It’s a Long Way Barrel Select Cabernet Franc, Yakima Valley, $40
Two Blondes Vineyard in Washington’s Rattlesnake Hills is famous as the estate planting for Andrew Will Winery, and Renton winemaker Micah Nasarow treats this lot quite gently. Only free-run juice went into a pair of once-filled French oak barrels for 20 months, making for a lighter-style Cabernet Franc. Aromas of boysenberry, red currant and strawberry jam are joined by a slice of fresh sweet red bell pepper. The drink offers raspberry and sweet cinnamon flavors as almond skin tannins lead into a easy and fruity finish of red currant. These wines are available online and at the winery along Lake Kathleen Road as well as through Renton merchants Top of the Hill, All Things Wine and Vino at the Landing.
Production: 47 cases