- VinesLines Dispatch swings along Columbia River, Walla Walla Valley
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars uses white Rhône blend to lead Great Northwest Invite
- VineLines Dispatch coverage of 2019 vintage continues
- VineLine Dispatches from Harvest 2019
- ‘Slow and steady harvest’ forecast for Northwest grapes in 2019
- VineLines Dispatch: Northwest wineries fill lists of USA Today readers
- Koenig wins Idaho Wine Competition for new owners
- Bledsoe Family Winery set to open tasting room in Oregon
- Northwest vineyards track along 2017 vintage after cool July
- Idaho wine industry prepares for 10th annual judging
Cabernet Sauvignon is king in Washington
In Washington state, Cabernet Sauvignon is king. More acreage than any other variety, more retail value than any other wine, and more tons crushed each fall.
And the classic Bordeaux red makes arguably Washington’s best wines.
Here are a dozen delicious examples we’ve tasted recently – all of which have earned our top “Outstanding!” rating in blind tastings.