- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Cabernet Sauvignon is king in Washington
In Washington state, Cabernet Sauvignon is king. More acreage than any other variety, more retail value than any other wine, and more tons crushed each fall.
And the classic Bordeaux red makes arguably Washington’s best wines.
Here are a dozen delicious examples we’ve tasted recently – all of which have earned our top “Outstanding!” rating in blind tastings.