- Tinte Cellars donation drive for Ukraine enters final week
- Jackson Family Wines invests in Walla Walla vines, wines
- 2022 Idaho Winery of the Year: Holesinsky Vineyard and Winery
- 2022 Idaho Winery to Watch: Rivaura Vineyards and Winery
- 2022 Washington Winery of the Year: Westport Winery Garden Resort
- 2022 Washington Winery to Watch: Liberty Lake Wine Cellars
- 2022 Oregon Winery of the Year: Chris James Cellars
- Long path of Andrew Riechers leads to early acclaim for Audeant Wines
- The Wine Knows: Upchurch hits sweet spot with Cab on Red Mountain
- Northwest Merlot remains memorable in talented hands
Cabernet Sauvignon is king in Washington
In Washington state, Cabernet Sauvignon is king. More acreage than any other variety, more retail value than any other wine, and more tons crushed each fall.
And the classic Bordeaux red makes arguably Washington’s best wines.
Here are a dozen delicious examples we’ve tasted recently – all of which have earned our top “Outstanding!” rating in blind tastings.