- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Cabernet Sauvignon is king in Washington
Columbia Winery 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $14
Best Buy! Columbia Winery boasts “50 years of progressive winemaking” on its latest label and this Cabernet Sauvignon extends a reputation that began with its long-ago name of Associated Vintners and continued beyond its Master of Wine – the late David Lake. This Columbia Valley offering sports bright aromas of blackberries and black currants with deftly-used oak. On the palate, the blackberries and currants remain lively augmented by a dusting of cocoa powder and a bit of Bing cherry in its finish. This earned a gold medal for at the 2016 Cascadia Wine Competition for the Woodinville landmark property.
Production: 105,000 cases