- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Cabernet Sauvignon is king in Washington
Bunnell Family Cellar 2013 Painted Hills Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $48
Bunnell Family Cellar, perhaps best known for its outstanding work with Syrah, shows a deft touch here with Cabernet Sauvignon as well. The Prosser winery team, led by Ron Bunnell, brought in grapes from Painted Hills Vineyard, which overlooks the Yakima Valley, and the result is a wine rich in aromas and deep flavors of blackberries, plums and cassis. It finishes long and strong, with well-managed tannins and a touch of slatey minerality. This earned a gold medal at the 2016 Cascadia Wine Competition.
Production: 114 cases