- None in the top 10, but nine from Northwest get inside Wine Spectator’s top 60
- Bob Bertheau joins German icon Loosen at J. Christopher Wines
- Abeja Chardonnay edges DeLille’s Harrison Hill at Great Northwest Invitational
- Election Day arrives for office-seeking Airfield Estates Winery owner
- Bledsoe, McDaniels buy Hope Well Vineyard in Oregon’s Eola-Amity Hills
- Oregon wine harvest fell by 29% in 2020, but growth continues
- Quilceda Creek acquires 22 acres of famed Champoux Vineyards from Woodward Canyon
- Hat Ranch Winery tops Idaho Wine Competition with Cabernet Franc from Lewis-Clark Valley
- Central Oregon Winegrowers schedule summer summit
- Avennia purchases vineyard, tasting room on Red Mountain
Tulalip dinner seminar features Chris Figgins of Leonetti Cellar
MARYSVILLE, Wash. — Tulalip Resort sommelier Tommy Thompson will play host to second-generation winemaker Chris Figgins on Saturday, Feb. 11 for an evening featuring historic Leonetti Cellar and Figgins Family Wine Estates in the Walla Walla Valley.
“I’m truly looking forward to sharing some of my family’s winemaking history in Walla Walla and what makes this place so special for wine,” Figgins stated in a news release. “You will learn about our viticulture and winemaking as I lead you through a tasting of three remarkable vintages of Leonetti Cabernet and FIGGINS Estate Red, as well as a sneak peak of our past and upcoming vintages of Toil Oregon, my exciting new Willamette Valley Pinot Noir project.”
A reception pour of the Figgins 2015 Estate Riesling will start the evening alongside a butterfly shrimp spoon topped with a dollop of mango relish.
Guests will move on to the first of three verticals, starting with the first lineup of three vintages of the Toil Oregon, Willamette Valley Pinot Noir from 2012, 2014, and 2015. These top-level Pinots will be paired with a Roast Duck Roulade stuffed with pancetta, spinach, herb cheese, and topped with fig jelly.
3 vintages of Cab by Leonetti Cellar
The second vertical features with three vintages that will showcase the 2011, 2012, and 2013 FIGGINS Walla Walla Valley Estate Red. Chefs will showcase a pairing of the Maple Herb and Peppercorn Crusted Stuffed Lamb Chop served with a sun-dried tomato, olives, cheese and pancetta.
Glasses for the third vertical will be filled with Leonetti Cellar 2011, 2012 and 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon from the Walla Walla Valley. Tulalip chefs will prepare Grilled Flank Steak, Shiitake Mushroom Lollipop with their house-made Blueberry Demi-glace to pair with these dark and complex wines.
Thompson will open the Taste of Tulalip Wine Shop from 5:30-8 p.m. Attendees can purchase from a limited selection of wines from the Figgins Family Wine Estates portfolio.
The tasting begins at 6 p.m. The event is only for those 21 and over. Tickets are priced at $149 per person and are all-inclusive of tax and gratuity. To purchase your seat at the seminar, call (360) 716 6888.
Award-winning Tulalip Resort Casino is a AAA Four Diamond property and has earned placements on the Condé Nast Traveler Gold and Traveler Top 100 Resorts lists. The property includes seven dining venues, including the AAA Four Diamond Tulalip Bay Restaurant, and showcases the 3,000-seat Canoes Cabaret amphitheater. It is an enterprise of the Tulalip Tribes.