- Tinte Cellars donation drive for Ukraine enters final week
- Jackson Family Wines invests in Walla Walla vines, wines
- 2022 Idaho Winery of the Year: Holesinsky Vineyard and Winery
- 2022 Idaho Winery to Watch: Rivaura Vineyards and Winery
- 2022 Washington Winery of the Year: Westport Winery Garden Resort
- 2022 Washington Winery to Watch: Liberty Lake Wine Cellars
- 2022 Oregon Winery of the Year: Chris James Cellars
- Long path of Andrew Riechers leads to early acclaim for Audeant Wines
- The Wine Knows: Upchurch hits sweet spot with Cab on Red Mountain
- Northwest Merlot remains memorable in talented hands
An Outstanding selection of Northwest wines
We taste many Northwest wines. When wine is submitted to us for review, it goes into a queue to be tasted under blind conditions – the fairest way we can think to evaluate it. During the evaluation process, we don’t know the producer or the price until we have written our notes and determined our scores are completed.
We don’t use a point scale, rather, we use the same system as professional judgings: bronze, silver and gold. We then convert that to recommended, excellent and outstanding.
Here are a dozen wines we’ve tasted recently that have earned our top “Outstanding!” rating. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the winery directly.