- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Tinhorn Creek Vineyards 2013 Oldfield Series Estate 2Bench Red, Okanagan Valley, $31
The Oldfield family’s vision, investment and expertise continues to show with this Left Bank Bordeaux-style red from their estate plantings in British Columbia’s Southern Okanagan on the Black Sage Bench and Golden Mile Bench. Cabernet Sauvignon (47%), Cabernet Franc (24%), Merlot (20%), Malbec (6%) and Petit Verdot come together for aromas of huckleberry, violets and vanilla with cedar and white pepper. Black currant and Marionberry flavors bring juicy acidity and a pleasant crunch of blackberry seed tannin. Sandra Oldfield pioneered the large-scale use of screwcaps, so there’s no need to fear cork taint. At the tony Miradoro Restaurant next door to the winery, executive chef Jeff Van Geest pairs this with Venison Bolognese.
Production: 1,684 cases