- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Tinhorn Creek Vineyards 2013 Oldfield Series Estate Syrah, Okanagan Valley, $32
Devotees of cool-climate Syrah have a sweet spot for their research in British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley, and yet Sandra Oldfield’s estate sites, particularly Diamondback Vineyard on the Black Sage Bench, receive plenty of heat to ripen this red Rhône grape. Blended with the winery’s namesake vineyard on the Golden Mile Bench, the 18 months in French oak supplied bright and spicy tones of boysenberry, pomegranate and pie cherry with orange oil, crushed California peppercorns and wet gravel. At the iconic on-premise Miradoro Restaurant, enjoy it with Jeff Van Geest’s Yogurt-Braised Lamb Shank.
Production: 762 cases