- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
Affordable Northwest reds
The Pacific Northwest remains a great region for finding high-quality value wines.
A big part of this is land prices. Compared with quality land in Northern California, land in Washington’s Columbia Valley is fairly inexpensive. And labor prices are also reasonably low, as a vast majority of vineyards are mechanically harvested, reducing costs considerably.
Here are 11 delicious Northwest reds we have tasted in recent weeks. Ask for them at your favorite wine shop or contact the wineries directly.