- Bledsoe, McDaniels buy Hope Well Vineyard in Oregon’s Eola-Amity Hills
- Oregon wine harvest fell by 29% in 2020, but growth continues
- Quilceda Creek acquires 22 acres of famed Champoux Vineyards from Woodward Canyon
- Hat Ranch Winery tops Idaho Wine Competition with Cabernet Franc from Lewis-Clark Valley
- Central Oregon Winegrowers schedule summer summit
- Avennia purchases vineyard, tasting room on Red Mountain
- Heat units in Northwest vineyards as much as 29% ahead of last year
- Washington Wine Industry Foundation awards 6 of its 7 scholarships to women
- Kiona, Barnard Griffin toast 40th Red Mountain harvest with fundraiser Cab
- Pandemic prompts Red Mountain wineries to postpone consumer weekend
Affordable Northwest white wines under $15
With the arrival of sunny skies across the Pacific Northwest, it’s that time of year when we want to always have a couple of white wine in the fridge, ready to open to enjoy at the end of a warm day with a plate of fresh seafood, pasta or grilled vegetables.
Typically, white wines cost less than reds, primarily because the cost less to make. They spend less time in expensive oak barrels and more time in stainless steel and are released sooner after harvest. This means they tend to have fresh, delicious flavors that pair so well with Northwest cuisine.
Here are a dozen delicious Northwest whites, all of which are under $15 a bottle. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.