- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
Affordable Northwest white wines under $15
With the arrival of sunny skies across the Pacific Northwest, it’s that time of year when we want to always have a couple of white wine in the fridge, ready to open to enjoy at the end of a warm day with a plate of fresh seafood, pasta or grilled vegetables.
Typically, white wines cost less than reds, primarily because the cost less to make. They spend less time in expensive oak barrels and more time in stainless steel and are released sooner after harvest. This means they tend to have fresh, delicious flavors that pair so well with Northwest cuisine.
Here are a dozen delicious Northwest whites, all of which are under $15 a bottle. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.