- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Wine By Joe 2015 Pinot Gris, Willamette Valley, $14
Best Buy! One of Oregon’s most acclaimed winemakers, “Hollywood” Joe Dobbes, pulls largely from his 30-year-old Seabreeze Vineyard northwest of Salem for this bottling under his bargain Wine By Joe program. It’s a well-balanced, bright and flavorful Pinot Gris that opens with aromas of lemon meringue pie and melon that lead to sparkly citrus notes of lemon and lime. With a light to medium body, the juice lingers across the palate to deliver a creamy texture of rich pear and another dose of lemon that begs for garlic hummus and pita chips or bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese. This earned a gold medal at the 2017 Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 14,000 cases