- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Red blends big deal across great Northwest
DeLille Cellars 2014 D2 Red Blend, Columbia Valley, $45
Chris Upchurch and Jason Gorski continue to grow for DeLille Cellars this blend styled after the Right Bank in Bordeaux, and it’s among the largest and most important proprietary blends produced along Woodinville-Redmond Road. A blend of Merlot (58%), Cabernet Sauvignon (36%), Cabernet Franc (5%) and Petit Verdot, it hails from more than a dozen vineyards, a list that includes stately plantings such as Boushey, Ciel du Cheval, DuBrul, Harrison Hill, Klipsun and Red Willow. Time in 55% new French oak makes for aromas of Chukar Cherry, blueberry and dates with a pleasing sense of lightly charred wood. Blackberry and blueberry flavors deliver medium tannins and a finish reminiscent of Western serviceberry. Suggested pairings include Duck Confit Spring Rolls.
Production: 11,750 cases