- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Red blends big deal across great Northwest
Stottle Winery 2013 Big Eddie Red Wine Blend, Columbia Valley $36
Puget Sound winemaker Josh Stottlemyer continues to shows a deft hand with blending, and he’s boosted the level of Merlot (60%) in this Right Bank-style assemblage of Bordeaux varities. He traditionally relies on Elephant Mountain Vineyard for his Merlot. Equal portions of Malbec from 6 Prong Vineyard from the Horse Heaven Hills and Cabernet Sauvignon make for the nose of hot cocoa mix with black cherry and mint. That’s the theme for the flavors, too, as raspberry acidity and rounded tannins akin to Montmorency cherry skins are met with a sense of Horse Heaven Hills minerality.
Production: 101 cases