- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Red blends big deal across great Northwest
Scatter Creek Winery 2014 Fire of the Knight Red Wine, Yakima Valley, $20
South Sound Wine Trail member Scatter Creek in the Olympia, Wash., suburb of Tenino produces a number of eclectic grape/nongrape blended wines, but winemaker Terril Keary creates this proprietary red with an equal split of Zinfandel and Syrah. It hints at sweet herbs, strawberry jam, raspberry and red pepper spice on the nose and delivers those on the palate, where there’s a good bite of tannin, a nibble of pink strawberry and friendly splash of Rainier cherry in the back. It earned a silver medal at the 2017 Capital Food and Wine Festival Wine Competition.
Production: 162 cases