- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Viognier remains a darling in the Pacific Northwest
Martin-Scott Winery 2015 Viognier, Columbia Valley, $15
Best Buy! Although it’s not referenced on the label, Columbia Valley vigneron Mike Scott grows the Viognier on his Needlerock Vineyard overlooking the Columbia River and bottles it at his East Wenatchee, Wash., estate. The enticing nose offers tropical hints that lead with lychee and are followed by fig, melon and peach. Its flavor profile opens nicely with sweet peach as it picks up ginger and almond on the midpalate. There’s a fair bit of residual sugar on the back that’s tightened up by orange oil and Bartlett pear skin. Enjoy with Thai or spicy Mexican cuisine.
Production: 123 cases