- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Viognier remains a darling in the Pacific Northwest
TruthTeller Winery 2015 Frolic Viognier, Yakima Valley, $20
Kirkland real estate exec Chris Loeliger began his journey into wine while he and his wife were living in Texas. Among the lessons this new Woodinville winemaker’s learned at South Seattle Community College’s Northwest Wine Academy was where to source fruit, and his knowledge shows with this remarkable production from Joe Hattrup’s stunning Elephant Mountain Vineyards from the Rattlesnake Hills above the Yakima Valley. A 60/40 blend of stainless steel and neutral French oak fermentation provides a stunning trail of peaches and oranges from nose to finish. The sweet oak aromas give way to jasmine and Golden Delicious apple. A spine of lemon runs through the rich midpalate and bright finish of orange zest. Elephant Mountain Vineyards ranks among Washington’s premier sites for Rhône varieties, and TruthTeller provides more proof of that.
Production: 102 cases