- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Viognier remains a darling in the Pacific Northwest
Martinez & Martinez Winery 2015 Tudor Hills Vineyard Viognier, Yakima Valley, $16
Some of Washington’s oldest vineyards serve as neighbors for Mark and Tom Tudor’s vines near Grandview, and while they sell to some of the state’s largest wineries, here they work Prosser winemaker Andrew Martinez. The nose of lemon meringue pie, nectarine and spearmint include lamb’s wool and lanolin. On the palate, it takes a tropical turn with Mandarin orange and honeydew melon, backed by sweet lemon flavors that make this quite a quaffer. Enjoy with turkey breast, Tacos Camarones or Pork Pozole.
Production: 170 cases