- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Washington Riesling not just a Ste. Michelle thing
Daven Lore Winery 2015 Sweet Riesling, Yakima Valley, $18
Prosser vintner Gordon Taylor and his winemaker, Sonya Symons, work with Prosser grower Patricia O’Brien for this peachy and tasty Riesling from 25-year-old vines that’s definitely on the sweeter side at 6% residual sugar. Aromas of nectarine, apricot and cherry blossom lead to delicious flavors of stone fruit and guava with a nice burst of lemon/lime acidity to balance the long and honeyed finish. Taylor suggests serving this well chilled and with an antipasti platter, an iceberg lettuce wedge with blue cheese, Fettuccini Alfredo or Lemon Squares.
Production: 72 cases