- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Washington Riesling not just a Ste. Michelle thing
Ryan Patrick Wines 2015 Olsen Brothers Vineyard Riesling, Yakima Valley, $12
Best Buy! Acclaimed growers Dick and Larry Olsen produced suave wines as vintners in Prosser, Wash., before closing their Olsen Estates operation. A growing number of winemakers are spotlighting their fruit with Olsen Brothers Vineyard-designated wines, but rarely at bargain prices. Columbia Basin winemaker Jeremy Santo, who grew up in Prosser, had the grapes picked for this deliciously off-dry Riesling on Oct. 7. Its floral nose of jasmine and rosewater includes lychee and gooseberry. Those rosewater and lychee notes make their way to the palate that’s tropical and bright as zingy acidity easily balances the listed residual sugar of 1.8%.
Production: 1,200 cases