- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Balboa Winery 2014 Grenache-Syrah-Mourvèdre, Columbia Valley, $55
Tom Glase and Tyler Grennan used Eidolon and Summit View vineyards in the Walla Walla Valley to build this balanced blend of Grenache and Syrah with Mourvèdre from Corliss-owned The Canyons off Red Mountain. They used 16 months in French oak barrels to help create a deliciously managed wine. Aromas of blackberry, black currant and blueberry include light toast. A slightly rustic approach to the palate leads to dark blue fruit and a mouth-coating structure that allows for density in the right places. The finish of blackberry cobbler and anise keep it juicy and smooth.
Production: 220 cases