- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
William Church Winery 2014 Reagan’s Vintage 2 Spires Red Wine, Columbia Valley, $38
This Woodinville winery operated by grads of Washington State University has shined with Syrah soon after opening in the Warehouse District in 2005, and that luscious Rhône red paves the way to this blend with Cabernet Sauvignon (32%). Opulent use of new French oak makes for aromas of plum jam and toast with blackberry, cured meat and a touch of minerality. There’s beautiful balance to the ripe purple fruit flavors as blueberry skin tannins and boysenberry acidity lead out with notes of Damson plum and dark chocolate.
Production: 290 cases