- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Helix by Reininger 2014 Pomatia Red Wine, Columbia Valley, $22
Chuck Reininger created his Helix brand in order allow him to explore Washington’s top vineyards outside of the Walla Walla Valley, and his annual Syrah-based blend hails from illustrious vineyards such as Bacchus, Phinny Hill, StoneTree and Weinbau. Cabernet Sauvignon (36%), Merlot (18%) and Cabernet Franc (7%) form the structure built upon fruit notes of blackberry, blueberry and plum, while touches of black olive pit and black pepper appear in the finish. This earned a gold medal at the 2017 Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition in Oregon, and it’s available at the new Helix tasting room in downtown Spokane near the Davenport Hotel as well as the Reininger winery in Walla Walla.
Production: 1,384 cases