- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Cave B Estate Winery 2014 Tempranillo, Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley, $33
Winemaker Freddy Arredondo crafts wines for father-in-law/owner Vince Bryan by using estate grapes from the western edge of the Ancient Lakes. This stylish Tempranillo opens with aromas of sweet herbs, spices and crushed blackberries, followed by flavors of lavender, violets, moist earth, leather and ripe Bing cherries. The tannins are expertly managed for a surprisingly smooth finish. It earned a gold medal and best in class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine & Food Wine Competition.
Production: 200 cases