- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Milbrandt Vineyards 2014 Katherine Leone Vineyard Single Vineyard Series Syrah, Wahluke Slope, $42
Katherine Leone is a vineyard perched on the eastern edge of the Wahluke Slope, overlooking the Columbia River and within view of dramatic Sentinel Gap, is well established as a top site for Syrah. This superb example leads with aromas of eucalyptus and forest floor, followed by flavors of ripe blackberry, Marionberry, roasted meat and chocolate-covered cherries. The creamy texture is balanced by rich, precise tannins that give way to a long finish. It won gold and best in class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine & Food Festival Wine Competition.
Production: 200 cases