- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Cedergreen Cellars 2015 Old Vine Chenin Blanc, Columbia Valley, $19
Kevin and Julie Cedergreen deepen their long-term devotion to the Loire Valley and Chenin Blanc with this production from historic Solstice Vineyard near the Yakima Valley town of Prosser, Wash. Barrel fermentation and partial malolactic fermentation leads to aromas of caramel and vanilla with hints of a sugared almond cookie. It’s full-bodied on the entry of crème brûlée before the zippy transition to pineapple, lemon and lime zest. Suggested pairings include shrimp in a cream sauce and mussels in coconut milk sauce. These Kirkland vintners have earned placement at wine shops, restaurants and grocers with wine stewards such as PCC, QFC, Central Market and Whole Foods.
Production: 298 cases