- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Murray 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $25
Tim and Kelly Hightower celebrated their 20th anniversary as winemakers in 2017, and they’ve been making wine on Red Mountain since 2002. While their namesake brand is tied to vineyards on their property and in the neighborhood, the second label, named for their first winery dog – Murray – includes fruit from sources such as famed Pepper Bridge in the Walla Walla Valley. This bottling of Cab still includes the heft found on Red Mountain, starting with aromas of black cherry, plum and spice. The influence of oak plays well with the sweet red fruit on the palate, where there’s good duration of flavors through to the finish of black currant and pomegranate. The Hightowers’ hard work and network of fans has led to their wines being available in distribution beyond the Columbia Valley in Idaho, California and the District of Columbia.
Production: 246 cases